8 January 2021
Director of Enrollment Management
De La Salle Institute
3434 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616
De La Salle Institute, founded in 1889, is the third-oldest Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of Chicago. De La Salle was founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools of the Midwest District, who continue to own and sponsor the school. The school is guided by the Board of Directors. While founded as a school for young men, De La Salle is a co-educational school since 2016. De La Salle was the first school in Chicago to implement a 1-to-1 tablet technology curriculum in 2006 and is currently utilizing a synchronous hybrid learning platform. Our student community is comprised of 700 students. We are proud of our academic, religious, racial, and financial diversity. We are the Meteors!
Job Summary: The Director of Enrollment Management has the responsibility for leadership and management of the admissions process, financial aid initiatives and other strategic priorities defined by the President.
Essential duties and responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Provides effective and stimulating leadership to all personnel in the Department
• Leads integrated strategic enrollment planning, recruiting/retention management and operational execution
• With key partners, executes the development of strategic enrollment goals for our academic profile, net revenue, retention, student success, diversity and approaches to financial assistance while creating an enrollment plan to achieve these goals
• Successfully identifies and enrolls a diverse and academically talented class of students in new markets
• Provides leadership, direction, research and planning in formulating recruitment strategies for target markets
• Makes data-informed decisions for allocating staff and financial resources to achieve enrollment goals
• Advises the President and Management team on significant enrollment strategies for the school
• Ensures through personal leadership, example and supervision that all personnel and activities of the Department project a favorable image of De La Salle Institute upon staff, student body, faculty and the general public
• Supervises the development and modifications of job descriptions, training and cross training and personnel deployment of all staff members in the department
• Collaborates with the Principal and members of the Academic Council on the co-ordination of recruiting activities and appropriate personnel
• Prepares the annual budget for the department for presentation to the Vice President of Finance
• Provides annual performance reviews for all members of the department
• Performs duties as assigned by the President
• Experience with contemporary enrollment management practices and astute observing of market trends in primary and secondary education
• Possesses analytical skills, data-informed and results-oriented
• Demonstrates strong leadership, communication, marketing, planning and organizational skills
• Skilled public speaker
• Possesses the skills to develop staff, foster teamwork, and manage change
• Familiarity with International Student recruitment
• A bachelor/master’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 5 years of experience in the field of Enrollment Management and Retention
• Demonstrated experience of staff supervision
• Experience with the development of an enrollment management plan and effectiveness in marketing and recruitment
• Active practitioner in enrollment management
Please send letter of introduction, resume, and list of references, writing samples, and examples of enrollment management plans to Ms. Barbara Herring, firstname.lastname@example.org.