- Complete an Information Request Form—this allows us to stay in contact with prospective students and creates both the student and parent/guardian account within our system.
- If you took the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at another Catholic high school, please have that score forwarded to De La Salle’s admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online application—students who take the entrance exam at De La Salle Institute will be sent a link to the application.
- Submit 6th, 7th, and 8th grade school records and standardized testing scores, including the CPS entrance exam (if applicable).
- Complete the optional FACTS application, priority consideration is given to families that have submitted the application by Friday, January 13, 2023. Families will be considered on a funds-available basis after this date.
Admission to De La Salle Institute is based on consideration of a combination of factors including, but not limited to, entrance exam scores, grade school academic performance, involvement and relationship with the Instittute, leadership and extracurricular activities.
Students with Accommodations
De La Salle Institute Viewbook
We offer a rolling admissions process for transfer students for the next academic year. De La Salle Institute reserves the right to limit the number of transfer students due to space limitations, even if the transfer student meets the criteria for admission.
The application process for transfer students includes the following steps:
Complete an Information Request Form—this allows us to stay in contact with prospective students and creates both the student and parent/guardian account within our MyDLS system.
- Complete the online Transfer Student Application– the application can be accessed through your MyDLS portal.
- Submit unofficial transcripts– Official transcripts are required after the applicant’s current school year is completed.
- Submit letters of recommendation from current school– Letters of recommendation should be uploaded through the MyDLS portal or emailed to email@example.com.
- One letter from principal or assistant principal
- Two letters from current teachers
- Submit copies of most recent standardized tests– (HSPT, PSAT, PLAN, ACT, SAT, etc.) Scores can be uploaded through the MyDLS portal.
- Submit a completed discipline and attendance record evaluation.
De La Salle Institute accepts the most qualified applicants and only if space is available to accept the student. Acceptance is contingent upon space, academic fit and the successful completion of the applicant’s current school year.
Transfer students applying for a mid-year transfer will receive an admission decision following their interview in January. Transfer students who are applying for admission to begin in the Fall will receive an admission decision following their interviews in June/July.