Your gift to De La Salle Institute enables us to fulfill our mission of educating young women and men in our Catholic, Lasallian tradition to learn, lead, and serve in the spirit of Saint John Baptist de La Salle.
Thank you for generous support.
Please contact Iris Gist Cochran, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Fund for Excellence Brochure
Investors Report 2021-2022
Ways to Give
Your giving helps to pass along a legacy of involvement and caring that has been a focal point in the lives of so many young students. Thank you for making a difference.
It is also possible to fulfill a gift through automatic installments charged to your credit card on a monthly or quarterly basis. Simply click on the “Recurring Gift” option to initiate.
Mail your check—made payable to De La Salle Institute—or credit card information to:
De La Salle Institute
3434 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616
Make your contribution by calling the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152.
Gifts made by a private family foundation or donor advised fund on behalf of an individual or family will be credited to the donor’s giving record, as appropriate. Please notify the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152 of any intended gift through a foundation to ensure that it is correctly attributed.
Make a Pledge
A pledge is a promise to make a specified gift within a designated time period. Annual Fund for Excellence pledges can be accepted over the phone; pledges to other campaigns should be made in writing by mail or e-mail. Pledge payment reminders are typically mailed semi-annually in December and April.
De La Salle Fund for Excellence pledges should be completed within the fiscal year in which the pledge is made. Major gifts for capital or endowment purposes are often completed in installments over multiple years.
To make your pledge today, contact the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152.
Please notify the Advancement Office if you will be transferring stock or other securities to De La Salle Institute. Contact the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152.
Instructions for gifting stocks or options:
Receiving Account Name:
De La Salle Institute
Permanently Restricted Endowment Fund
Account number – 52413676
DTC number – 0062
Receiving Firm Name:
Vanguard Brokerage Services
455 Devon Park Drive
Wayne, PA 19087
Please contact John Robinson, Vice President of Finance, at 312-842-7355 ext 131 with questions.
Complete a Wire Transfer
A wire transfer, or electronic funds transfer, can be made from one bank account and directly deposited to De La Salle Institute’s account. Please contact the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152 for additional information to initiate the transfer.
For gifts to De La Salle Institute wire transfer to:
The Huntington National Bank
222 N. LaSalle – Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60601
ABA routing number 044000024
For credit to: De La Salle Institute – Operating account
Account number 01060157141
For gifts to Extollo Educational Foundation wire transfer to:
1350 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
Phone 312- -808-8070
ABA routing number 071001504
For Credit to: Extollo Educational Foundation
Account number 0108943900
Employer Matching Gifts
Many corporations sponsor matching gift programs that multiply the impact of personal contributions made by employees, retirees, and/or spouses. Depending on your employer’s policy, these corporate contributions can match your gifts dollar for dollar, and even double or triple the value of your initial gift.
Matching gifts will be directed to the same area of support as your personal gift, unless company policies dictate otherwise. You will be recognized for the total amount contributed, which would include both your gift and any match. If you have questions or would like assistance with this process, please contact the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152.
Gifts in Kind
Please contact the Advancement Office at 312-842-7355 ext 152 if you’d like to make a gift of goods or services.
Tangible Personal Property
Items that have appreciated in value such as books, works of art, coin collections or antiques may be given as charitable gifts. The charitable deduction depends on appraised value. Gifts of personal property are accepted if they meet our Gift Acceptance Policies and can serve a worthwhile purpose in the life of De La Salle Institute.
Illinois Invest in Kids Act
De La Salle Institute awards over $2 million in tuition assistance annually to 70% of our students. To support Institute students through the Invest in Kids Act, designate your contribution to De La Salle Institute as the recipient of your tax credit.
Illinois Public Act 100-0465 created the Invest in Kids Act. This Act allows state income tax credits for individual and corporate taxpayers who make authorized contributions to a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). The SGOs, in turn, provide scholarships for eligible students to attend non-public schools in Illinois.
The Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program, “Invest in Kids,” provides a 75 percent Illinois state income tax credit to individuals and corporations that contribute money to a non-profit Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). The SGOs award scholarships to eligible students from low-income families.
Further information on tax credit scholarships:
- An individual or corporation will receive a 75 percent credit on donations to an SGO. For example, if a person donates $100,000, they will receive a state tax credit of $75,000.
- Individual donors can designate their donations to a specific school or group of schools – De La Salle Institute.
- The credit can be rolled over for five years.
- Donors are prohibited from receiving a federal tax deduction for these donations.
- The program is capped at $100 million in donations, resulting in $75 million in total tax credits issued.
- The credits are divided proportionally into five regions within the state (De La Salle Institute is in Region 1).
How does one donate?
- Set up an account with mytax.illinois.gov. The donor must request a “Letter ID” via this website. The “Letter ID” is sent via the postal service and can take 7-10 business days to arrive. For step-by-step instructions on how to request a “Letter ID” click here.
- Activate/Sign Up for your ‘my tax account’ once you receive your “Letter ID.” For step-by-step instructions on how to activate/sign-up for your ‘my tax account’ click here.
- Apply for a tax credit as soon as the application is open on the website (mytax.illinois.gov) beginning at 8 am (CST) on January 2, 2018 as credits are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once approved, you will be issued a Contribution Authorization Certificate (CAC) by the Department of Revenue. Within 60 days, you must provide a copy of the CAC, along with the full contribution, to the Scholarship Granting Organization such as Empower Illinois. Designate your donation to De La Salle Institute. De La Salle Institute is in Region 1.
Every taxpayer’s situation is slightly different. We recommend that benefactors wishing to participate in this program speak with their tax advisor regarding the advantages and implications of the tax credit program and how a contribution to this program may reduce or eliminate your state tax liability.