In the Lasallian tradition, De La Salle seeks to provide an education that allows all students to pursue the lifestyle they choose while working to promote justice in society.
The goal of the Meteor Resource Program is to support De La Salle’s mission of providing a Catholic and Lasallian education that is grounded in human dignity, and that puts every student in a position to succeed. Students who participate in the Meteor Resource Program are provided instructional support in a dedicated space that will assist them in learning key skills required to be successful in high school and beyond.
Teachers and the Director of Learning Services will work in tandem to ensure that students have all the support required for their success.
METEOR RESOURCE PROGRAM
The Meteor Resource Program is an inclusive program dedicated to supporting select students at De La Salle. Students participating in this program not only receive academic support, but also increase executive functioning skills, study skills, and self-advocacy skills that will help them to experience long-term success at De La Salle and beyond. Criteria for entrance into this program may include, but is not limited to, entrance exam test scores, prior participation in a resource program, parent request, etc.
Current (within the past three (3) years)
- 504 Plan
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
Entrance Exam Accommodations
Students in need of testing accommodations for the entrance exam should register for the entrance exam and submit copies of IEP/504 plans by Monday, November 28, 2022.
- Copy of teachers notes/PowerPoints
- 50% extended time on assessments and homework
- Use of calculator on assessments and assignments
- Type responses in lieu of writing
- Tests read aloud
- Use of course notes on assessments
- Alternatives to scantron testing
- Reduced choice on assignments/questions
- Seating near instruction and away from distractions/away from doors and windows
- Bathroom breaks, ability to carry water bottle or snacks
- Use of manipulative/chew gum
- Allow student to see nurse, counselor, and/ or director of learning services as needed
NOTE: The Meteor Resource Program offers limited accommodations, we are NOT a special education program
- Extended Illnesses
- Mental Health