CHICAGO—De La Salle Institute (De La Salle) has appointed the first layperson and woman to lead the school in its 134-year history and will install her as the fourth president on Sunday, September 18, 2022. A significant gathering of people from across Chicago will be in attendance, including leaders from the Archdiocese, the city, non-profit sector, local businesses, and other faith-based organizations.
What: Installation of Anne Marie Tirpak as the fourth President
- Anne Marie Tirpak, President, De La Salle
- Sr. Barbara Reid, OP, PhD, President of Catholic Theological Union
- Very Rev. John Kartje, Ph.D., S.T.D., Rector/President, Associate Professor, Department of Biblical Studies and Homiletics, University of Saint Mary of the Lake
- Brother Michael Fehrenbach, FSC, Provincial Visitor, The Brothers of the Christian Schools Midwest District
- Paul D. McCoy ’68, Chairperson, De La Salle Board of Directors
- De La Salle Board of Directors and School Leadership
When: Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 10:00 am
Where: De La Salle Institute, Parente Field, 3434 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616
For more information, contact David Terry, Director of Marketing, 312-842-7355, email
De La Salle’s mission is to provide a high-quality Catholic college preparatory education by instilling the core Lasallian values of faith, service, community, and social justice. From first-class educators to students going to the colleges of their dreams to being located in the heart of Chicago, De La Salle Institute is designed for all the ways you learn.