About the job
Status: Full-Time, 12 Month, in person
Reports to: Dean of Enrollment Management
De La Salle Institute is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions. This position will work in conjunction with the Dean of Enrollment Management and the Admissions team to recruit, admit and enroll students at De La Salle Institute.
As a member of the Enrollment Management Team, the Assistant Director of Admissions plays an important role in advancing the mission of Lasallian education through supporting a prospective student/family from inquiry through matriculation. The Assistant Director of Admissions position demands a range of skills, including database management, attention to detail, customer service, relationship building, as well as clear and concise verbal and written skills.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and technically skilled with a proven ability to take complex projects from start to finish, on deadline. The Assistant Director of Admissions should be able to authentically communicate the value of a Catholic, Lasallian college preparatory secondary education for our diverse student body, and must be able to work well with colleagues, prospective families and volunteers, consistently projecting a positive image of De La Salle Institute. The Assistant Director of Admissions reports directly to the Dean of Enrollment Management and is an integral part of a four-person enrollment management team. In concert with the advancement and marketing communications team, the enrollment management team works collaboratively to build understanding and support of the school’s mission and programs, to ensure continued vitality of enrollment efforts, and to secure resources to enhance the school and secure its future. Lasallian educators strive to model the values expressed in the Five Principles of Lasallian education: Respect for all persons, Inclusive community, Faith in the presence of God, Concern for the poor and social justice, Academic Excellence.
- Develop, execute, monitor and evaluate targeted recruitment activities designed to attract and enroll an incoming class of the appropriate size and mix.
- Develop and execute a targeted communications flow for various market segments (principals, school counselors, parents, prospective students, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing on messaging and creation of online, electronic, print and social media outreach/initiatives.
- Professionally represent De La Salle Institute at recruitment fairs and school visits, either in person or via Zoom.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in on-campus, off-campus and online student recruitment events and activities (on-campus tours, school visits, open houses, shadow days, etc.)
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective students, applicants and admitted students.
- Establish relationships and maintain contact with students and their families from the initial point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Provide counseling and advising to prospective students and families about educational opportunities at De La Salle Institute through telephone calls, electronic communications, information sessions, individual appointments, admissions events, etc.
- Appropriately document all conversation and communication associated with these responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key influencers and stakeholders (internal and external)—principals, school counselors, faculty, staff, alumni, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment activities by tracking key metrics, generating reports and analyzing data.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a field related to marketing or communications.
- Previous admissions/enrollment management experience preferred. Working knowledge of admissions practices and procedures, as well as a deep knowledge of the principles of the field, from data analysis to the psychology of influence.
- Ability to articulate the Lasallian mission and impact of the school.
- Capability to long-range plan and manage the daily details of implementation.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong commitment to customer service.
- Confident. Self-motivated. Innovative.
- Team-player and problem-solver with a positive attitude and a can-do spirit.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including comfort with public speaking.
- Strong ability to manipulate and analyze data/statistics.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced recruiting season.
- Proficiency with technology; familiarity with Constant Contact and multiple social media platforms, as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.)
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Occasional nights and weekends required. Local travel and use of personal vehicle required, subject to mileage reimbursement.
De La Salle Institute is an independent Catholic secondary school rooted in the tradition of Christian Education begun by St. John Baptist de La Salle. Founded in 1889, its mission has been, and is, to foster a desire for excellence in education. Young people from a variety of ethnic and economic backgrounds are given the opportunity to fully develop their abilities so they may be active, contributing members of our complex changing society.
De La Salle Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate. If interested, please email resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for this role to:
Dean of Enrollment Management
De La Salle Institute
3434 S. Michigan
Chicago, IL 60616